Saint Mary's CCW
Council of Catholic Women (CCW)
President – Shirley Kimmes
Vice-President – Vacant
Secretary – Gail Kimmes
Treasurer – Elaine Gergen
All women 18 years of age and older who are St. Mary’s Parish members are invited to attend. There are three general business meetings a year held in the church hall. Officers and members provide reports on CCW activities, updates on church activities, and plans for future events. Refreshments and socializing follow the business meeting.
Membership dues are $5.00 per year. The money is used to help pay ACCW and SE Deanery dues; masses for the living and deceased members of CCW; and to fund various projects throughout the year. An envelope is provided in the donation envelopes.
What We Do:
Our mission statement is:
" To support, empower, and educate women in spirituality, leadership. and service to Christ, His church and society."
- Lady of Peace Home (formally the Cancer Home)
- Catholic Relief Service Programs
- Joseph's Coat
- Altar Linens, Purificators, etc.
- Kitchen items
- Food and Craft Stand at the annual Sausage Supper in November
- Spaghetti Supper in March
Yearly CCW activities
- Bake Sale to support “Help A Child”
- Collection of food items for Our Lady of Peace Home during Lent
- Christmas presents for the poor of Appalachia, Kentucky collected in November
- Madonna Potluck Dinner in April to help fund clinics for underserved women and children
- Mother’s Day Corsage and Plant sale in May
- Provide rosaries for the church
- Collect used eye glasses for the Lion’s Clubs
- Provide luncheon for funerals
- Clergy Appreciation Month in October
- Red Cross Blood Drive in October
- Plants for the church at Easter and Christmas time
- Collection of clothes and small household items for Joseph’s Coat
What the CCW is currently working on.
- Continuing to update our parish email database in order to communicate more efficiently about CCW meetings and events
- Using a YouTube video and bulletin inserts on CCW to make people aware and enlist a more active membership
- Clean-up of the church and hall due to the installation of a new heating system
The mission of St. Mary’s Parish is to proclaim and celebrate our salvation through Jesus Christ,our pilgrimage to the Father’s Kingdom enlivened by the Holy Spirit. Our Catholic faith community is nourished by our sacramental life, especially the Sunday celebration of the Eucharist. With Mother Mary as our model, we demonstrate our faith through worship, education, vocations and service.